Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I"m blogging again...

Well, I suppose I can start blogging again! Here's a way for people back home to stay up-to-date with what's going on in my (well, and Justin's) life. It has been an interesting year so far, but I'm ready for a change. I've had several things begin and end already since my summer vacation started (last week) and it was just decided, today, that Justin and I will be moving into a new apartment. We've been talking about this for the last week after a friends mentioned that hers will be available. We met with the landlord a few times and had to bring Dewey! With his permission, and a raise in our deposit, we will be signing a lease next week to move into our new apartment. Justin and I have made tough decisions before, but this was pretty big. We move in July 1st and will finally have a BIG kitchen. We will really miss our current roommate, Peyden, but we're sure we'll see him around. Like I said, it was a bought decision, but there were too many good reasons to move. Interested why? Here's why: - We will have a kitchen that can fit a kitchen table. *Yay!* - The apartment has a LAUNDRY ROOM? Yep, I've been lugging around laundry like it's my job and can't wait for this! - This apartment is Dewey-safe - It's closer to school - Our new place will be quieter :D-- drunk people tend to populate outside out window between 12a-3:30a. - We won't have a roommate who plays trumpet. Sorry, Peyden... You're great, but it will be nice to have a break. Need I go on? It just worked out perfectly. We're not too excited to have to pack up all of our junk and move, but we'll get through it. I'm looking forward to settling into the apartment and, dare I say it, start decorating with all of my interest ideas. Eek! I can't wait. Any other updates? I start a new job this week working as an usher for the Eastman School of Music-- Right now, my life is schedule so that my life happens at night (i.e., Italian class, work, church gigs) and I can stay home with Dewey and practice. It works well. Italian class starts next week and I'm hoping Justin and I will get to eat lots of Italian food~ Olive Garden counts as Italian... right?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment