Saturday, August 28, 2010

living life.

It has been a CRAZY week. Hope College is almost back in full-swing. I am eager to start my new classes, lose an average of two hours of sleep every night, have mountains of homework waiting for tired mind, and everything else.... Seriously, I love college.

I have always loved school. Every year I wake up at least two hours before my alarm waiting for that moment where I can grab my backpack and leave. I come with new pencils, paper, and my planner ready for scheduling. This year will not be an exception. I had three weeks off of class and thought that break was too much to handle. I enjoy learning and meeting new people. Yes, I will still procrastinate and stay up too late the night before an assignment is due, but why wouldn't I do so? I work well under pressure :) HELLO! I am a performance major.

Each year brings new challenges, hope, dreams, and ideas. For the past three years I have explained to people my plans for the future. I kept a chant of 'I am doing this for me,' and 'my life will start after college.' The thing is-- I AM LIVING LIFE RIGHT NOW! :D :D :D SO! As this new realization hits me, I realized that I need to start listening to my inner voice and cater to my needs. It's going to be great.

New resolution for the 2010-2011 school year:

I am going to live life to the fullest!
Starting with trying new things and stepping out of my comfort zone once again as a senior in college. I watched/helped freshmen move in all day yesterday and realized that I will never move into a Hope College owned property again. Chances are that I will never sleep on a bunk bed again OR see most of these people on a regular basis. It's time to live it up. Mazel tov! Welcome to Hope College, baby!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment